Amul or Anand Milk Union Limited is a Gujarat based dairy products manufacturer that is the market leader in that field and had a turnover of more than ₹45,000 crores in 2019. The company has a very unique situational based logo that keeps on changing with the situation of the country. The company doesn’t feel shy in expressing their views and uses its symbol to share their thoughts or feelings.
About the Company: Amul
Amul is a Gujarat based cooperative dairy company that produces dairy products. It is a cooperative society and manufactures FMCG goods such as butter, milk, cheese, cream. It was established in 1946 by Tribhuvandas Patel and headquartered in Anand, Gujarat, India.
Achievements of the Company:
- The company generated a revenue of ₹38,000 crores in the financial year 2018-2019.
- In 1973, Amul celebrated its 25th anniversary.
- Amul received “Best of all Rajiv Gandhi National Quality” award in 1999.
- It is the largest food product marketing organization in India.
- Amul entered the chocolate market and established its chocolate factory in Mogar on 30th September 2018.
- Amul sells almost 4,00,000-5,00,000 litres of milk per day thus becoming the market leader in packaged milk segment.
- The company won the “Golden Trophy for Outstanding Export Performance” award in 2009-2010.
- In 2014, Amul won the “Best Marketing Campaign” award.
About the Logo of Amul:
Although the company was established in 1946, the actual campaigns and logo came into existence in 1966. The company hired Sylvester da Cunha, Managing Director of the Mumbai based “DaCunha ad agency”. The mascot that we see today in Amul’s advertisements is known as the “Amul Girl” and was designed by Eustace Fernandes. He was an art director in the DaCunha ad agency.
The logo of Amul has always been the wordmark. The company is using it since its establishment although the slogans have been changed. The current slogan was adopted in 1994 when Amul hired a new advertising agency. It was the Mumbai based “Advertising and Sales Promotion (ASP)” and Shri Kanon Krishna designed the new logo and slogan touching every aspect of the brand.
The logo of “Amul” is the wordmark written in white colour on a red background. The slogan “The Taste of India” is placed under the wordmark. The meaning of the slogan, according to Amul is that it will always supply quality food and product to rural India.
Related BLog: Cadbury Ads
P.S.: Looking for a creative logo design, visit BrandLanes. BrandLanes is the only web platform of India that brings the best of creative projects by the agencies across India on one platform. You can select the best logo designer from multiple options based on their work which are showcased in our website.
Was this article helpful? Have a look at our other articles/blogs on:
Did you Enjoy reading this article? We bet you would enjoy the logo design evolution of other brands as well: