What is foreign branding? as mentioned in Insights, the strategy of spelling, pronouncing brands like Foreign-Names.
But why is it necessary? Adding a foreign brand name increases the purchase likelihood of the brand and the scenario is quite strong in India. That’s the reason Many Indian Brands are taking benefits of a Foreign Branding. Here’s a list of Indian brands with Foreign Names:
1. Louis Philippe: French Brand Name for a brand of Madura Fashion & Lifestyle, a division of the Aditya Birla Group. Brand Name inspired from King Louis Philippe, who was King of the French from 1830. Have you seen their Advertisements? You wont find an Indian there too, to match the personality of the brand name.
2. Da Milano : Brand of Entrepreneur Sahil Mittal, the brand deals with hi quality leather accessories. Though Brand name made to sound like Italian, with their website also featuring Italia on top, the brand is totally Indian. Unlike LP you wont much social Advertisements from this brand.
3. Hi Design: Another leather goods manufacturer. Hi design is a brand that has originated from Pondicherry.
4. Allen Solly :Another high profile brand from Madura Fashion & Lifestyle, a division of the Aditya Birla Group, Allen solly is amongst the most favourite in formal wears for both men & women. And again, the advertisements does not reflect Indian origin at all.
5. Peter England: Another one from Madura Fashion, Aditya Birla Group. A Name that doesn’t need a pronunciation check for foreign-name as it automatically reflects Foreign Origin though is a totally Indian brand. You can notice the branding of Aditya Birla group at the end of the advertisements.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter